Flight Operations Manager
Flight Operations Manager
Skyline Healthcare Group
Skyline Aviation Ltd has more than 30 years of experience in delivering leading edge aeromedical services throughout New Zealand and the Asia Pacific region. With over 45,000 patients safely transported, we have an exemplary reputation both nationally and internationally in the air ambulance industry. Our team of passionate professionals are committed to ensuring the very best patient outcomes.
We own, operate and maintain the largest fleet of King Air and Jet aircraft specialized in fixed wing aeromedical and charter operations in New Zealand with bases in Hawkes Bay, Auckland, New Plymouth, Dunedin, and soon to be in Queenstown.
Due to the growing demand for our international and domestic services and a planned refinement of our flight operations function, we are seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified and experienced applicants who would like to be considered for the Group Flight Operations Manager position which will be based in Napier alongside our senior leadership team.
- Meeting NZCAA Senior person requirements for the position which include:
- NZ ATPL
- 5 or more years of pilot in command experience in a Part 121,125 or 135 operation (international flying experience is also an advantage).
- Experience in an operational management position
- Strong communication, leadership and interpersonal skills are required to enable an effective interface with other departments, all levels of management, professional and support staff, customers, potential customers, and government representatives.
- Ability to effectively solve often complex and challenging operational problems.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Demonstrated experience in HR management.
- 100% commitment to support the best interest of business, clients and patients
- Customer focused, able to work on a self-initiated basis, in a team environment, and able to provide the flexibility to support the needs of our 24/7 operation.
- The position will be firmly focussed on the positions management functions with at least 70% administrative and 30% flying including working at our various bases.
Behaviours we seek:
Commitment to safe and compliant operations, flexibility, loyalty, reliability, passion for the role, professionalism, leadership and a commitment to serving the needs of our business, clients and patients alike. The position reports directly to the CEO.
Benefits we offer:
- Working for a well-established sector leading New Zealand investor-owned business
- Competitive salary commensurate to experience.
- Opportunity to be part of a team of aviation professionals committed to the success of the business and the services we deliver and support.
Please note: We are unable to consider applicants who do not currently live in New Zealand or hold the right to live and work in New Zealand.
Please apply online in confidence.